Currys is another retailer that has thrown itself into the Black Friday deals mix. Where Currys is different to other retailers is its ability to offer larger home products, like white goods, for a discount during the Black Friday and Cyber Monday period.
As an example, last year the store sold Samsung ecobubble washing machines with a near-£100 discount. Pretty sweet if you need new appliances.
Last year Currys had some deals in advance, but also added more on Black Friday itself, so it’s well worth checking online to make sure that you’re not missing out on the big day.
Currys is arguably the best place to go for TV deals, and those made up the majority of things it was discounting last year. The classic coffee machine discounts are in effect too, so don’t be buying any machinery in advance this year.
Last year Currys even made sure that it avoided those problems of stock shortages, and people shouting at superstores by ramping up stock levels by 40%, which says a lot about the growth of Black Friday in the UK. Even so, don’t miss out and make sure you check for deals early on the day – we’ll be here to make that easier too.
What Currys did on Black Friday last year:
During the run-up to last year’s sale Currys’ Stuart Ramage said “We saw record-breaking sales last Black Friday so, for this year’s event we’ve worked hard to offer our biggest number of lowest-ever deals on a range of fantastic brands, starting today”.
This was clear from the claim that Currys made about increasing stock levels to meet demand. For customers this is a great time to snag a bargain, but it’s also becoming a really important part of the retailer calendar too, which is why they are investing in promoting the event.
Top 5 Currys Black Friday deals from 2015:
1. HP 15-ac151sa 15.6-inch
This decent laptop was going for just £200 at Currys last Black Friday – if you’re old like us then you’ll remember when laptops cost thousands – great deal on a nicely specified machine that comes with Windows 10
2. Samsung 60-inch 4K TV
This home cinema telly was on sale for just £899 at Currys last Black Friday, another reminder of just how cheap tech is these days, but one of Samsung’s HDR UHD TVs is a great buy at this price.
3. iPad Pro 12.9
Currys also had a nice iPad Pro price drop last Black Friday, down to £799 – not the world’s most enormous discount, but the iPad Pro is a great tablet and Apple discounts are rare. At the time it was the cheapest iPad Pro deal out there.
Because 2015 was the year of juice, Currys was selling the NINJA Nutri Ninja Slim QB3001 Blender for £39, which was half-price. This year you can certainly expect loads of deals on kitchen goods like blenders and bread makers.
5. Dyson Animal
Another great deal was the Dyson V6 Animal, a cable-free vacuum cleaner that was reduced to just £239 – over £100 off! Dysons are great but they’re generally very pricey, which makes Black Friday the ideal time of year to buy one.
Currys Black Friday deals to expect in 2016:
1. TVs, all the TVs. Expect to see even more deals on those large ultra HD Samsung screens again as well as from all of the other big TV brands. If you’re looking for 60-inch entertainment, Currys will have your back.
2. Apple might upgrade the iPad Pro soon, so perhaps more discounts on the two excellent tablets this year? The fact is that iPad sales have slowed dramatically of late so some discounting is almost inevitable to move stock.
3. This year’s washing machines will likely see a discount. Keep an eye out for those from Samsung and LG, which offer big features at a low price. Always shop around, obviously, but Currys will be a good place to check first on these ite
4. Last year Currys had big PC and laptop discounts, so expect more of that this year – this is a great time to grab a bargain.
5. If you’re put off by the high cost of a Dyson, then Black Friday might be the ideal event – keep an eye out for more low prices on cleaners.
How to find the best Currys Black Friday deals:
It’s our job to make sure you get told about the best deals. We do this across the UK’s leading retailers, so make sure you come back to TechRadar in advance of Black Friday. We’ll be highlighting the best deals right here, so make sure you drop a bookmark.